Monday, January 19, 2009

Day one of 84 days....

And this is supposed to go on for 12 weeks? I don't know if I can get through the next 12 MINUTES.

Honestly, I barely made it through the testing portion. I had no idea that a human female such as myself could be almost 100% body fat. You would have thought my bones at least would take up some space, but I appear to be like those floating people in "Wall-E" who whirled around in hoverchairs sipping on milkshakes - tiny bones, all fat. Kind of like those great ribs at Squealers, uhhhhh.....

OK. No food discussions of What I Used to Eat. This morning I drank my six ounces of coffee with four ounces of skim milk, and I am sure I lost three pounds doing it.

I got up at 5:30 (!) and did my aerobic conditioning. All my joints protested loudly - I cracked and popped and groaned so much, you'd have thought I was a hundred-year old ship caught in a storm. My joints sounded so much like cracking glass I half expected to set off the burglar alarm.

Wow. Looking forward to my bowl of greens for lunch! 83 more days of sheer bliss!

4 comments:

  1. You stick with it sister! What a wonderful thing that you got up and got it done! Keep up the good work .... trust me (& Chris) it will pay off in the end! Christine (A sister who is with you in this project and hauling some extra BF around ... let's get rid of it together!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!! I had to laugh at this blog!! I felt the same way when I started. The torture only lasts 12 weeks!!! But such sweet torture, you will find out. I suffered so much in the beginning, because I was so unhealthy!! The first 2 weeks were terrible. I was so tired and sore. I was crabby and the only thing that kept me going was my committment to it and Chris, and with the help of my co participants.

    I found I really liked salads and healthy food once I got over the lack of fat in it. But the lack of fat meant lack of fat on me!!!!

    You will be fine and make sure you eat your alloted calories, your body needs it!!!

    We are all here with you, to progress with you and to cheer you on!! Go Girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Terri,
    Loved your blog post today! Smiles everywhere: As Chris always says - take your practice seriously, but not yourself....
    peace,
    john s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, you are a hoot! That humor will get you thru the challenges and bring you out laughing on the other side.

    ReplyDelete