Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I am so sore

Third day of getting up at 5:30 a.m. to get my workout done. I hate my alarm clock even more than I used to, and that's saying a lot. The only good thing about doing the workout in the morning is I am usually too sleepy to be in a terrible mood about it -- but not today.

5:30 a.m. Get up. Stumble into closet. Put workout pants on, discover they are on backwards when I go to tie the drawstring. Curse. Put on shoes, T-shirt, limp downstairs to basement where the treadmill stands waiting. Evil thing blinks its lights at me mockingly.

Trip over the damn cat. Give her a nasty look, which she ignores. Do cats laugh?

5:45 a.m. Halfway through aerobic conditioning and am ready to die. Curse even louder at myself for actually paying for this abuse. Attempt to pull my ego out of my ass. Turn up Beck's "Loser" on my iPod and sing along.

6:10 a.m. Finally done and am stretching. My thighs are so sore from doing squats yesterday that I contemplate bathing in Ben-Gay.

6:15 a.m. Stumble back upstairs to the kitchen and guzzle water. Pour my six ounces of coffee with four ounces of skim milk and put in a forbidden packet of Splenda. The guilt overwhelms me for a second. Wonder if Gandhi ever got pissed at giving up orange juice. Realize that I am closer to Buddha than Gandhi, at least physically. No wonder Buddha was always smiling.

81 days to go.

3 comments:

  1. Only one pack of Splenda? You are so saintly. If you want to see some sinning, come to Starbucks with me.

    Cats laugh at us not with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,

    I am a Splenda-holic. I have continued my evil ways using Splenda, and my "rationale" for this is it is calorie-free (vanity!!) and that the good ole' FDA swears it is safe.

    If you are having guilt at a packet, I should be charged with war crimes.....

    I am so bloody proud of you for doing your workout so early. I used to get up at 5:30 to do nordictrac when that was the only time I could work out and the first fifteen minutes made me want to hurl.....BUT after that I felt good. Are you feeling good physically later in the day because of the workouts, or is it still just hell?

    ....if it's still all hell all the time, I do think that will change, and when you feel your body adjust to it, you might start to dig it....at least later in the day after your workout.

    We are with you! And we are SORE!! Jen has been gimpin' around the house tonight. And my calves are screamin' a bit.....

    hang in there!!

    Peace,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Terri,

    Thanks for your sardonic blog today. I read somewhere that 15 minutes of laughing can burn 10 oto 40 calories, so thanks for contributing to my day's calorie burn. :o)

    Rad

    P.S. Cat's definately DO laugh!

    ReplyDelete