Friday, February 6, 2009

Limerick Friday!

There once was a girl on a diet
who cut up a chicken to fry it
unwrapped the foil,
poured in the oil,
but the kitchen was eerily quiet

No wine bottle popping its cork
No tasting the rice with a fork
Portions are small
I'm climbing the wall
I could eat an entire roast pork

Wandering around in the clutter
Looking for snacks as I mutter
under my breath,
"a fate worse than death?"
Dreaming of chocolate and butter

I sigh as I sit down to eat
Three ounces of sprouted whole wheat
a salad of green,
a single green bean,
and a morsel of overcooked meat

The chicken will wait until later
I'll fry it and serve it with taters
mashed up with cream,
some broccoli I'll steam,
But for now the goal is much greater

So off to the gym I will run,
skip all food served on a bun,
drink water, not wine
eat tofu, not swine,
until the tortune is done

I've got twenty more pounds to lose,
this diet is blowing my fuse
I'm outta the kitchen
I'm sick of this bitchin'
I'm off to the mall to buy shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. I like how you buy shoes to not eat. My problem is that I gave up buying shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this little ditty!!!!

    But you need more than moresels!!!!!!

    How about:

    To give me unlimited power
    A pound of calliflower
    I'll make my food scale so heavy
    With Broccoli, not Ben and Jerry

    To fill up my hungry gut
    With veggies and nothing but.....

    I don't know. Not as funny as yours. Crap!
    But my thought is: Don't starve!!! Fill up on the "freebies" of veggies. I think my tastebuds flipped a bit and now crave veggies more than any fried or creamy food out there. Yep.....I'm a freak.

    Hang in there and happy fini to week 3!!

    Peace,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete