Friday, February 27, 2009

Request for my fellow recruits

I have a favor to ask of my fellow Project recruits. This ties in to Chris's most recent message about meditation.

Many of you know Diana from Chris's Saturday morning yoga class. I first coaxed her into coming with me to Chris's class when he was still teaching at Twisted Sage and she took to yoga like a duck to water. She is also my dearest friend, and I have been blessed with her friendship for more than twenty years.

This week she suffered a great loss when she had to put down her little dog Payton. Diana was a great caregiver to her, but Payton was 16 years old and had had many illnesses and complications from old age, and the time had come to let her go.

My request is that in your meditation session this weekend, that you think of Diana and send her your love and support. I know she is grieving and I want to do whatever I can to help her through it. I think the power of group meditation is great and I can't think of a better way to use it, if you all could please help. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Terri,

    Jen and Rob lost their beloved dog last summer. I bet they will be able to provide Diana with some great comfort and wisdom.

    Thanks for sharing with us her loss. She was talking about her beloved dog a couple of weeks ago and I am recalling her say how sick he was.

    Such a sad thing.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. there was an interesting string of discussion on mediation and prayer in the first test pilot project group. You might still be able to find it on the Forum.
    Peace,
    john

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it, Terri....

    Jen spole with Diana after yoga on Saturday, though I did not. She told Jen about her loss and Jen filled me in afterwards. I will have her and her pup in my thoughts. I still hurt every day about my pup, Rodge.

    Good for you for putting out the good mojo for your friend.

    Hope to see you Saturday!

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you talk to Diana, please tell her that I am thinking of her. Having gone through what she has with her pup, I know exactly how hard that can be. The house is way too quiet. Hope to see both of you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete